Saved searches are now available for Premium Vendors. Users can build and save various searches, using all available filters, commodity codes and keywords to conveniently find what they need. The saved searches will be easily accessible from your Opportunities section.
PLEASE NOTE: It is important to highlight from the start that Saved Searches and Recommendations work independently - any changes or updates you make to your saved searches will NOT affect recommendations and vice-versa.
Accessing saved searches
There are a couple of ways to access the saved searches:
1. Via Account settings > Saved Search:
2. Via Opportunities page, by clicking the Saved Search button:
Creating a new saved search
Creating a new saved search can be done in two different ways:
1. From any tab within the Opportunities section, use the Saved Search button and click “Add Advanced Saved Search”
2. Navigating to Account Settings and to the Saved Search tab, then clicking the Add Saved Search button
This will then take you to the Saved search builder, where you can begin to build your search:
- On the left hand side, you have all the filters that are available in the system:
- Name - don’t leave your search nameless, it won’t like it
- Search Terms - This works like your keywords in your settings, allows you to choose a number of different terms to improve your search.
We have also added new functionality to enable excluding words or terms from your search results.
For example: I am searching for “Peanut butter and Jam” but I do not want any sandwiches to show up in my search. Adding the word “Sandwich” or “Sandwiches” to the Exclude section, I can remove any results that include that word even if they match all my other criteria.
- Commodity Codes - Commodity codes functionality is similar to your account settings. It will allow you to further enhance your search results based on the commodity codes labelled on an opportunity.
- Locations - Enables filtering of opportunities based on the opportunity’s location.
- Organizations - Filter based on specific organizations
- Status - Filter based on Open or Closed opportunities
- Opportunity Type - Filter based on what kind of solicitation you are looking for. E.g: RFP, RFQ, etc.
- Opportunity Source - Filter based on Bonfire exclusive opportunities or from other sources gathered for your convenience
- Viewed - Filter based on opportunities marked as viewed or ones not viewed yet
- Once you are done building your search, click Save search at the bottom of the screen to create it.
Your new search will now be available on the Saved search section of your Account Settings.
From here you can see all searches saved in your profile, edit or remove them. You can create as many saved searches as necessary for your team’s needs.
Using saved searches
From the Opportunities page, use the Saved Search dropdown to view your saved searches. You can click on any of them to bring up your results - this will display results in a new tab, with the name of your search and the number of results:
- You can edit or delete a search from the drop-down
If you decide the results are not exactly what you expected and you change any filters that fit better with your search, you can save the current search.
We will prompt you to choose wether you want to override the current search selected or create a brand new one based on these filters: